Roulette is a fascinating game that provides exciting action. It is played with a wheel, a small ivory ball, and a betting layout. The wheel turns on a spindle and is divided into 38 (American wheels) slots. 36 of the slots are numbered from 1 through 36, of which half are red and the other black. There are also two green slots marked 0 and 00.
Players place bets against the house on the layout. Once the total amount placed on the layout exceeds the minimum bet the ball is tossed into the wheel. When the ball comes to a rest in one of the slots the bets are settled.
Player cannot wager more than the maximum bet in any one round of the game. Minimum and maximum bets are posted in the lower right corner of the screen.
Losing bets are cleared from the layout and winning bets are settled according to the following table
Bets Placed on:
- Single number 35-to-1
- Any of the 12 numbers in the horizontal row 2-to-1
- Split (two numbers) 17-to-1
- Vertical row (three numbers) 11-to-1
- Corner (four numbers) 8-to-1
- Six numbers in two adjacent vertical rows 5-to-1
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Column 2-to-1
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Dozen 2-to-1
- Five numbers: 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 6-to-1
- Low Half, High Half, Black, Red, Even, Odd 1-to-1
For example, if you have a winning bet of $20 on a single number (35-to-1) you will get back your original bet of $20 plus 35 times your bet of $20 which is $700.
As another example, If you have a winning bet of $100 on color Red (1-to-1) you will get back your original bet of $100 plus another $100 of winnings.